For more than 180 years we have proudly provided Catholic schooling in the Archdiocese. More than 200 000 students are enrolled in our 258 schools, providing an education that is founded on the person and teachings of Jesus Christ as revealed to us in the Gospel. We are an integral part of the Catholic Church, and as such, we aim to foster in young people an abiding faith, characterized by a God who loves, forgives and animates all that we do.
Our dedicated staff are committed to providing an excellent education that caters to the academic needs and personal interests of students as well as nurturing their special gifts. We seek to embrace contemporary approaches to teaching and learning so that our students are well placed to make an active, life-giving contribution to a changing world.
Being responsible for the care and education of our world’s most precious resource – your children – is a demanding task. In partnership with parents and our Catholic Church community, we accept this challenge with enthusiasm and vigor. In navigating your way around our website you will see that our schools are places where God is spoken about, prayer is central and your child is exposed to opportunities to learn and grow. We offer a balanced, broad curriculum, a wide variety of sporting and cultural activities together with pastoral care and welfare programs to allow your child to develop and flourish.
Rev. Fr. Prof. Nicholas Akwanya.
- The Catholic Schools Office and its schools serve the community of the Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha and make up a large, valuable and vital part of the mission of the church. Archbishop Valerian Okeke with the assistance of His Lordship Bishop Dennis Isizoh are the pastoral leaders of approximately 1,000,000 Catholics in the Archdiocese of Onitsha Nigeria. The territory in the Archdiocese include different regions comprising the following:
- Onitsha Region
- Dunukofia Region
- Iyiokwa Region
- Aguleri Region
- Igbariam Region
- Nnobi Region
- The Archdiocese provides pastoral, health care, social welfare and educational services for the community in Anambra State, Nigeria.
- The parishes and agencies of the Archdiocese are supported and resourced pastorally and administratively by the Chancery (Archbishop’s Office), Archdiocesan Pastoral Support Unit, State School Religious Education, the Financial Secretariat and the Communications Office.
- Catholic Care Hunter-Manning is a mission and outreach agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Onitsha and provides a range of social services including child and family services, youth and community services, youth crisis accommodation, disability services, counselling, mental health support, adoption and foster care (Out-of-home Care).
Service to Schools
Leadership in Learning
Justice for All
…together in Christ
- Justice & Equity
- Quality & Excellence
- Openness to Change
- Respect for All
- Hope in the Future
Our Catholic schools aspire to:
- Be centered on the person of Jesus Christ and grounded in the Scriptures, in the teachings, traditions of faith and prayer in the Catholic Church and the witness of its past and present saints and scholars
- Be an integral part of the evangelizing mission of the Church, and reflect Gospel values of justice, truth, peace, forgiveness, love, reconciliation and service of one another
- Promote the active partnership of home, parish and school and recognize the family as the primary focus of the educational process
- Recognize the individuality and dignity of each young person, and foster the development of each one’s unique potential and spirituality
- Develop a challenging, authentic and inclusive educational environment that encourages lifelong learning
- Be enlivened by staff, both teaching and non-teaching, who are dedicated, committed and generous in their efforts on behalf of young people
- Acknowledge our responsibility to be stewards of our earth and all of God’s creation.