Our Catholic schools offer students the opportunity to learn and develop in an atmosphere characterized by care. We aim to form students and graduates as young men and women who are able to make an active, worthwhile contribution to the world in which they live. We celebrate our heritage and faith together with our wider Parish communities.
Nature and Purpose of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Onitsha
Inspired by the message and example of Jesus Christ, Catholic schools live out a distinctive educational vision. Supported by the Catholic community of which they are a vital part, they invite students and their families into a faith‐filled educational experience.
As a key ministry of parishes and the diocese, Catholic schools encourage and support parents in their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. This formation is supported by prayer and opportunities to participate in the life, mission and liturgy of the broader Catholic community.
Our schools commit to:
- nurturing each individual’s growth in faith and unique potential
- offering outstanding educational experiences founded on Catholic values
- fostering partnership between parents and staff in the education of their children
- creating communities of respect for each other, the wider society and the earth
- Encouraging active engagement in social justice issues, the service of others and the promotion of peace.